Legal Liability for the Acts of Minors
In most states, the age of majority (when a person is recognized by law as an adult), is 18 years of age or older. A “minor” is a person who is under the age of 18. When a minor breaks the law or causes damage or injury to another person, an animal or property, the minor’s parents... MORE
Children Under Age 14 Need Two Parents'...
In July 2001, the United States Department of State implemented a law regarding passport application procedures. Under the Two-Parent Consent Law, as amended in 2008, both parents are required to consent to the passport application for a minor U.S. citizen under the age of 16. By putting this law... MORE
- Alimony deduction loss in Trump tax reform creates rush on divorce deals by New Year’s Eve
- Your Marriage Is Over—Who Gets Custody of the Pets?
- Lee’s new sheriff hit with paternity suit over baby due in ’19
- Divorce and child custody: Men cry foul
- FAMILY LAW: WHO HAS THE RIGHT TO KEEP FLUFFY AFTER THE DIVORCE?