Division of Personal Injury Awards During...
Upon termination of a marriage by divorce, one of the most difficult problems is often division of the couple’s real and personal property. Although there are considerable differences in the way states treat property acquired by spouses while married, there are two common types of... MORE
New Law Requires Both Parents' Consent...
In July 2001, the United States Department of State implemented a law regarding passport application procedures. Under the Two-Parent Consent Law, as amended in 2008, both parents are required to consent to the passport application for a minor U.S. citizen under the age of 16. By putting this law... MORE
- Former Buc Chris Hovan ordered to stay away from home, family in domestic violence case
- LGBTQ community reflects on 5 year anniversary of same sex marriage legalization
- ‘I’m kind of doomed,’ says ex-CBOT chairman, jailed for months in divorce fight
- Alimony deduction loss in Trump tax reform creates rush on divorce deals by New Year’s Eve
- Your Marriage Is Over—Who Gets Custody of the Pets?