Marital Settlement Agreements and Life...
Many marital settlement agreements require one party to maintain a life insurance policy on his or her life naming the former spouse as the primary beneficiary. While this provides some financial security for the former spouse, it may also result in an adverse unintended tax consequence for the... MORE
Filial Consortium Damages in Wrongful Death...
Husbands and wives have traditionally been entitled to recover damages for “loss of consortium.” In cases where a spouse is severely injured or killed, the non-injured spouse will typically sue the wrongdoer for her loss of consortium. The resulting damages generally represent her... MORE
- Dr. Dre’s Estranged Wife Nicole Young Files Lawsuit Claiming She Co-Owns Trademark to His Name
- People whose parents divorced when they were kids have lower ‘love hormone’ levels
- 7 Things to Do ASAP When Your Spouse Wants a Divorce
- 5 Things Couples Do That Lead to Divorce
- How to Explain Grandparents’ Divorce to a Child