Tax Consequences When a Marital Settlement...
Many marital settlement agreements require one party to maintain a life insurance policy on his or her life naming the former spouse as the primary beneficiary. While this provides some financial security for the former spouse, it may also result in an adverse unintended tax consequence for the... MORE
Personal Injury Awards: Ownership Rights and...
Upon termination of a marriage by divorce, one of the most difficult problems is often division of the couple’s real and personal property. Although there are considerable differences in the way states treat property acquired by spouses while married, there are two common types of... MORE
- New Kentucky law will reduce stress on children of divorced parents, advocates say
- 6 strategies to get a divorce without going broke
- Ex-Portsmouth police accused of seeking ‘dirt’ in divorce case
- Jesse Jackson Jr., Sandi Jackson reach settlement in contentious divorce case
- COA upholds grant of attorney fees to ex-wife