Tax Consequences When a Marital Settlement...
Many marital settlement agreements require one party to maintain a life insurance policy on his or her life naming the former spouse as the primary beneficiary. While this provides some financial security for the former spouse, it may also result in an adverse unintended tax consequence for the... MORE
Children Under Age 14 Need Two Parents'...
In July 2001, the United States Department of State implemented a law regarding passport application procedures. Under the Two-Parent Consent Law, as amended in 2008, both parents are required to consent to the passport application for a minor U.S. citizen under the age of 16. By putting this law... MORE
- Fairy godmother or child trafficker? An American woman stands trial in Guatemala.
- South Carolina parents in fight to keep adopted child take case to state Supreme Court
- Divorce Court Can’t Decide What Obligations Survive Bankruptcy
- Former Vice President Joe Biden’s son, estranged wife settle divorce case
- Settlement reached in Brennan divorce case