When a Marital Settlement Agreement Requires...
Many marital settlement agreements require one party to maintain a life insurance policy on his or her life naming the former spouse as the primary beneficiary. While this provides some financial security for the former spouse, it may also result in an adverse unintended tax consequence for the... MORE
U.S. Citizenship of Children Based on Their...
Children born out of wedlock outside the United States to one citizen parent and one noncitizen parent face different requirements for acquiring U.S. citizenship, depending on the gender of the citizen parent. The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) provides that the child must meet additional... MORE
- Port St. Lucie father challenging Florida law for paternal rights, mother is rejecting petition
- Families impacted by raid of International Adoption Agency in Strongsville speak out
- Court ruling OK’s affair questions in judge’s divorce
- Court orders Russia to pay penalties in adoption case
- In a first, Alaska divorce courts will now treat pets more like children