Parental Liability for Acts of Minor Children
In most states, the age of majority (when a person is recognized by law as an adult), is 18 years of age or older. A “minor” is a person who is under the age of 18. When a minor breaks the law or causes damage or injury to another person, an animal or property, the minor’s parents... MORE
Parents of Injured Children and Recovery of...
Although “loss of consortium” damages are traditionally associated with spousal relationships, modern cases have extended the right to recover them to parent-child relationships. Referred to as “filial consortium damages,” these awards are intended to compensate the parent... MORE
- Beaman Leaves Belmont Board Amid Divorce Proceedings
- Delaware County recorder accuses state senator husband of hiding assets in divorce case
- Angelina Jolie agrees to temporary truce as Brad Pitt divorce war makes her ‘unpopular in Hollywood’
- Is an ex-spouse entitled to an IRA after divorce?
- Angelina Jolie accuses Brad Pitt of not paying ‘meaningful’ child support in court docs