Changed Circumstances and Modification of...
Generally, a couple who divorces or legally separates must make a determination regarding the physical and legal custody of their children and visitation rights, either by mutual agreement or court order. When an established child custody arrangement no longer works or is no longer desired, one or... MORE
Injured Children and the Right to Recover...
Although “loss of consortium” damages are traditionally associated with spousal relationships, modern cases have extended the right to recover them to parent-child relationships. Referred to as “filial consortium damages,” these awards are intended to compensate the parent... MORE
- ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ Star Jeff Garlin in Danger of Having Divorce Case Thrown Out
- Former Buc Chris Hovan ordered to stay away from home, family in domestic violence case
- LGBTQ community reflects on 5 year anniversary of same sex marriage legalization
- ‘I’m kind of doomed,’ says ex-CBOT chairman, jailed for months in divorce fight
- Alimony deduction loss in Trump tax reform creates rush on divorce deals by New Year’s Eve