Division of Retirement Benefits Upon Divorce
Upon divorce, all debts, property and assets must be divided between the spouses according to applicable percentages set by state law. In equitable distribution states, the court divides marital property (or property acquired during the marriage) according to what is “equitable” or... MORE
Parents May Recover for Loss of a...
Husbands and wives have traditionally been entitled to recover damages for “loss of consortium.” In cases where a spouse is severely injured or killed, the non-injured spouse will typically sue the wrongdoer for her loss of consortium. The resulting damages generally represent her... MORE
- Proposed bill would urge courts to grant shared custody in divorce cases
- Giuliani’s bitter divorce case animated by ‘cheap shot’ outburst
- Filing taxes after divorce: Who can claim dependents?
- Order Against Postings on Divorce Case Was Unconstitutional
- Valentine’s Day end to divorce drama: Pat Arbor ‘delighted to be out’ of jail