Transferring Assets to Minors-Custodial...
Minors have no legal capacity to manage property. Thus, transferring property and other assets to minors can be problematic. For example, parents or other adults may wish to convey a small amount of property to a minor without investing the time and expense of establishing a trust. Another option... MORE
Parents of Injured Children and Recovery of...
Although “loss of consortium” damages are traditionally associated with spousal relationships, modern cases have extended the right to recover them to parent-child relationships. Referred to as “filial consortium damages,” these awards are intended to compensate the parent... MORE
- Millionaire Cancer Center Founder’s 7-Year Divorce Back in Court
- Why Bankruptcy Court declines to be bound by divorce valuation
- Baltimore County judge orders part of Ripken divorce case unsealed
- A 6-year-old is at the center of a contentious adoption case
- Epic divorce of multimillionaire Cancer Centers founder goes to trial