Marital Settlement Agreements and Life...
Many marital settlement agreements require one party to maintain a life insurance policy on his or her life naming the former spouse as the primary beneficiary. While this provides some financial security for the former spouse, it may also result in an adverse unintended tax consequence for the... MORE
Historic U.S. Supreme Court Case Declares...
A landmark U.S. Supreme Court case, decided in 1967, declared certain Alabama alimony statutes unconstitutional because they required men, and not women, to pay alimony. Background In February 1974, a court entered a final decree of divorce to dissolve the marriage of an Alabama couple. Pursuant to... MORE
- Man who won lottery millions during divorce case must share
- How Divorce Affects Your Student Loan Debt
- Jennifer Dulos: Inside the Turbulent Marriage of the Missing Connecticut Mother of 5
- How Successful Are the Marriages of People With Divorced Parents?
- Laws for Paws: Custody laws for the family pet